Tuesday, March 01, 2005

What Could Possibly Be More Important Than My Headache?

After several weeks of extreme self-involvment, where my only concerns were how much sleep I wasn't getting and how many job interviews I wasnt being offered, I finally logged on to http://bbcnews.com to see if the rest of the world had anything to rival my life's problems.

What I've briefly read about today:

1) Lebanon's Prime Minister has stepped down after two weeks of protests by the Lebanese people (following the assassination of the former prime minister, Rafik Hariri) demanding that Syria remove its 14,000 troops from Lebanon. Apparently Syria has had troops in Lebanon left over from the Lebanese Civil War that lasted from 1975-1990! If this isn't news to you, then you are a much more worldly person than I am.

2) The US Supreme Court has banned juvenile executions. If only they'd done this 10 years ago, my teenage years would have been something to write about.

3) There's a little girl from Florida who is still missing after 5 days. Let's face it. She's dead. Even though Jeb Bush says that "we can hope for a miracle." Her father and grandparents claim that she was tucked into bed on Wednesday night and was missing by Thursday morning. Let's face another fact. Her father and grandparents have killed her.

OK. so lots of shit is going on in a lot of other places...like the nine U.N. workers killed last week in the Democratic Republic of the Congo or the car bomb in Iraq that killed 125 people on Monday. The point is, I'm really hungry and tired and I can't believe that I have two papers due within the next two weeks. Life is so unfair.