Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Why MySpace Rules, An Essay by Men's Lady

I've recently noticed that some of us are experiencing a little bit of hostility towards MySpace, and have used the RBIE page to vent. This is unfortunate (one should refrain from being so angry- even in New York, it's somewhat unbecoming), and I am posting to defend the institution and modern dance craze that is MySpace.

First, I would like to start by saying that MySpace is actually nothing short of amazing when it comes to bringing people together. I was recently contacted by my best friend from junior high school, who I'd lost contact with because we went different ways in high school. Plus...sexual predators. Need I say more?

Second, MySpace offers people the chance to express themselves on their page. My page has polka dots. Chatouille's page is brown and plays a slideshow of pictures of her and her friends (conspicuously absent are pictures of the RBIE staff). I have a friend who's 17-year old sister recently friend requested me, and you know what? I accepted. What do you have to say to that? Huh?

Third, um, okay, maybe I don't really have a third. I thought I'd posted because I'm bored at work today. Or every day. And MySpace really kills the time for me. Why would you want to take that from me? WHY? What kind of sick monster are you?!?