Thursday, March 16, 2006

Finally, Affirmation.

Sometimes (ok, often) I wake up in the morning wondering if i'm really using my life to its fullest potential by becoming a lawyer. When I was a little, beautiful, and incredibly advanced for my years (but not in a slutty way) girl, I dreamed of one day using my intellect for good....to better the world, heal the children...and other crap like that.

But all around me there's so much negative criticism of the legal field and of how overly litigious our society has grown---on tv, in newspapers, in class, on the phone with my dad who still tells people that I got pregnant and was sent to a convent because he's too embarrassed to say the words "law school."----and despite myself, it gets to me.

Then I read this story...and my faith in the profession is instantly restored.