Monday, March 28, 2005

I think I might have been Baptized....

In honor of one of the Holiest days for Christians, and in support of my boyfriend, I decided to go to Church yesterday. But I don't think I will ever go again.

We went to a place not too far from our apartment. I think it was one of those progressive churches. Either that or the pastor (I think that's his title) tried a little too hard to sound hip and modern, but either way some wacky things went on. He was talking about how he went to a party and after a few drinks (WAIT A SECOND... can pastors drink?) "all hell broke loose" when he brought up the Schiavo case. (WAIT A SECOND... you can say hell in that context?)

Then, I was sprinkled with Holy Water. I kid you not. Not that I was singled out and sprinkled, but he doused the whole congregation. I felt a bit funny about that. I couldn't exactly scream out for him to stop or he would have thought I was the devil or something, but I don't like the fact that I was sprinkled against my will. And I think that it was an attempt at a partial Baptism.

I should just stick to my own people next time. So much for trying to be openminded and understanding....