Saturday, February 04, 2006

I Like Fast Men.

Friday night was my law school's "Barrister's Ball", but as far as dances go, I just couldn't imagine it surpassing my experience at the senior prom in highschool: me, standing against the wall with glittery Payless heels digging into my ankles, wondering when the dance will end so I can get drunk on the beach, while I watch my date dry-hump the foreign exchange girl on the dancefloor, her lime-green tafetta dress rising to dangerous heights.

So I skipped the "ball" and instead went to my very first hockey game! I always knew that men on skates would be much more attractive than men in shoes, but I never thought I would finally find my spectator sport of choice. I am now a hockey fan. Of course, there are a couple things about the game I would change, like more flattering jerseys for fans, or less fighting and more hugging on the ice. All things considered though, hockey is way more entertaining than lame "American" sports like baseball or football.

What does this all mean? I might be Canadian-eh?