Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Diary of A Desperate Mover

It's almost 2am and i'm still awake, partly because i'm thinking of all the errands and packing i have yet to accomplish, partly because i slept for almost 12 hours last night, and partly because of the coke i snorted an hour ago.

Log of Evening Activities:

10pm: Ripped out hook from closet wall I never should have put up in the first place. Removed a large chunk of wall with it.

10:15pm: Spent the last 15 minutes thinking of ways to cover up huge hole in wall and panicked about security deposit being lost forever.

10:30pm: Got a grip....stopped sobbing and shaking, and put up bigger replacement hook to cover my crime.

10:45pm: Practiced the line, "that hook was there when i moved in!" until I believed it.

11pm: Started to pack "important belongings". Almost chose to throw out heavy family album when faced with the dilemma of either fitting it or a box of teddy grahams in suitcase. Decided to eat teddy grahams instead and grudgingly fit album...

11:30pm: Faced with the ugliness of my own materialism, broke down and started to throw clothes into "Goodwill bags."

12am: Frantically searched through bags to find my black cardigan.

12:10am: Decided that Goodwill should rightfully name a branch after me for the bounty I was about to bestow upon it....changed my mind as I moved a bag from the "Goodwill" category to the "my new apartment" category.

12:30am: Silently cursed all my friends who are conveniently out of town this friday. Looked around at all the furniture I will have to move, and cursed them a second time. Out loud.


1am: Where's my coke?