Thursday, May 19, 2005

I am NOT pregnant

I went out for dinner on Monday night to a Polish restaurant in the East Village (the same one I took a certain out-of-towner to). I go there quite often. The place is always half empty, but the food is good and well-priced, in a cool neighborhood. I feel it is my duty to keep little mom and pop places like this in business. There aren't that many around anymore...

So, then why, on this particular Monday did those bastards try to poison me? I was sick as a dog all night, stayed home from work the next day, and still my illness lingers, like a thoughtful reminder to the past.

And why the heck is it that whenver I tell people I am nauseaous, the first question they ask is, "Are you pregnant"? Is this appropriate for a co-worker to ask me? I don't think so. Married, age 30 or so, this question might be understandable. But to a 22yr old living in sin with her boyfriend, its no better that saying, "Did you get knocked up?" I especially don't appreciate these types of questions coming from my mother.

To all you aspiring witches out there, please don't curse me and make this the most ironic post ever. Instead, give me your herbal remedy for overcoming my discomfort and remember that I live in a city, and I have no access to frogs and such. Thanks!