Tuesday, April 19, 2005

White smoke? Not a hukah, but another infallible white guy

Well, they picked a new pope. And in traditional pope-ular fashion, he is neither black, nor hispanic (as half of the world's Catholics are). He does seem to be an old man, however, and I think this is a strong indication that the Catholic Church in coming years will continue to "stay the course", because it is difficult to walk quickly when the world is passing you by. I'm sure he even dodders a little, but just enough to be out of touch with his followers.

In other news, I am officially looking for some nookie. Spring has sprung in Manhattan, and it's high time I get...sprung, too. They say in New York, a girl's always looking for either a job, an apartment, or a man. In true overachiever fashion, I am looking for a small bit of all three (only a small bit, because I get bored easily). I'm posting this because, well, I'm posting this because I don't want to work on my paper, but also because I do believe strongly in the power of creative visualization. I also believe in unicorns though, so please don't take me too seriously.

If I were a jellybean, I would be margarita-flavored (it DOES exist), but of course people wouldn't understand that I'm not the kind of margarita you can get drunk on and end up horribly disappointed after consuming large quantities of me. If that isn't an allegory for love, I don't know what is.