Sunday, April 03, 2005

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just gonna ask them where they're going and hook up with them later."


Quite possibly one of the funniest and most endearing comedians of our time, Mitch Hedberg passed away on March 30, 2005 at the age of 37. If you've never heard of him, you must not know me personally. And if you do, you must not listen to me, in which case, stop reading my blog, you self-obsessed bastard. I'm too heartbroken to write more, so I leave you with two of his jokes. To get the full effect, you have to hear his voice...it's all about the Mitch voice. :*(

I was at the airport and this guy came up to me and said "Dude, I saw you on tv last night." But he did not say if I was any good or not. He just confirmed that I was on the television. So I turned my head away from him for a minute, and then I turned back and said "Dude! I saw you at the airport...about a minute ago...and you were good."


I've been working colleges on my tour and I always buy t-shirts from the college...because they're quality shirts. But people always get the wrong idea. I'm walking around wearing a Washington U shirt and someone says,
"Hey! Washington U, Did you go there?"
"Yeah!...It was a Wednesday.