Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Year (Day)--and dating tips!

Today needs no introduction. It comes around only once every 4 years. I encourage all of you to do something wacky, treat yourself to something luxurious, be bold, and party like it's 1999 (no, there was no February 29th that year--Prince should have waited--but it's really hard to avoid saying "Party like it's 1999"). I, for one, am starting the day off with something really unhealthy for breakfast--a chocolate chip muffin. I will aspire to do nothing at work all day, except read the news, will eat a delicious lunch, and hopefully get drunk later tonight. I ALMOST want to throw a party, but I'm not motivated enough to clean my apartment. Maybe next leap year....

Also, I think I've discovered the secret to finding decent men. I've always had horrendously bad luck in that department (hence, why I am called "jindeh", and not "nice girl you can take home to mom"). I am always approached by freaks and usually the evening ends with them calling me a bitch or some other lovely comment. I sincerely believe if I hadn't met my beau through a friend, I would still be hopelessly and desperately alone. Well, yesterday I was on the train home and was in a really good mood. (Not entirely sure why--it doesn't happen often. I usually struggle to stay awake and read a few pages from my textbook.) So I get off at a different stop than usual and this attractive guy says to me, "I'm sorry to be so forward, but you're adorable." How cute is that, right? Made my day! Except at the same time he told me that, my man was calling me, so I awkwardly pointed to my phone and was like, "I'm so sorry, this is my fiance" and answered it. But I told him "thanks" and smiled. So, here's the secret: look approachable. Look like you are a happy person and someone people want to be around. Because scowling isn't doing the trick anymore. Just be careful not to be too happy...don't sing to yourself or skip down the road. Because the only men you will find that way will be the ones that keep your straight jacket on.

Happy February 29th!