Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Diary of An Insomniac

I can't sleep. It's almost 3:00 am and i'm no where near being asleep...unless this is actually an incredibly vivid dream, in which case, i hope to never share with anyone that i actually dream about blogging. That would be a more depressing revelation than the time i dressed up in a clown costume to school and discovered when i got there that 1) no one else had participated in the Halloween costume contest, and 2) the contest was actually scheduled for the previous day. Luckily, that was also the day i discovered that creating a religion where you have to dress in a clown costume on the 29th of October is easy enough if there's really no other way to explain your idiocy. Kids LOVE to learn about new religions...it's a well known fact. Like it was yesterday, i remember the relief that washed over me when i overheard gossip about what cult i had joined instead of bets that my IQ was below 100. Unfortunately kids also have good memories. The following year when October 29th came around, i dedicated a lot of time and effort to the inspirational story of how doubt had driven me to defy my parents and community by leaving the "church." ---Needless to say, elementary school was no picnic.


Where was my point in all this?....Whoa, it's 3am! I should be asleep....adulthood sucks, and so does Tom Cruise for not believing in drugs (i could really use some ambien)...clearly, the man has not met the members of The Church of St. Hallow. I bet my cult could beat his up.