Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Holy Crap! I saw Al Sharpton!

And his hair is REAL. At least, it's real-looking. I went with my friend, Ann*, to a consultation for permenant make-up. (She's a natural blonde, see, so she has albino eyebrows). Between the tattoo parlor and the subway stop, Al Sharpton crossed our paths. It was amazing, and it makes me remember why I love this city. Not only because of the random interesting people you might run into, but because I can have two different faux hair stories from only one afternoon's worth of effort. I can stay in bed all afternoon tomorrow, since I've pretty much fulfilled my quota of excitement for the week.

Being unemployed and unemploy-able in Manhattan is an expensive experiment to undertake, but I recommend it to all of you who feel that your existence is a disappointment to your parents and a drain on society. It really puts things in perspective, and if you get surly enough, Al Sharpton might just pop 'round to remind you of how ridiculous you aren't. Yet.